PREPARING FOR YOUR HEAD SHOTS
Be prepared! If you take some time planning for your session, the resulting images will look great!
Keep it simple!
- Solid, Neutral colors photograph best in headshots
- If you’re preferential to patterns, keep it simple
- Begin with a shirt or blouse and layer accordingly, i.e. necklace, scarf, sweater, jacket, sport coat, etc..
- Please press/iron ALL items of clothing prior to you session.
- Don’t stress 🙂
- Style your hair as you normally would. Don’t change it up for picture day.
- Bring a brush and hairspray/gel for studio touch-up if necessary
- Keep it natural, but enhanced.
- Think day makeup at night. Apply a little heavier than normal.
- Bring lipstick/gloss with you for in studio touch-up if necessary
- Facial hair…get rid of it a few days before so as not to have irritated skin…lips, brows, chin…
- FOR MEN: Shave the morning of your shoot. No 5 o’clock shadows unless that’s your regular style.
MODEL IN THE MIRROR
- Smile, laugh, act coy
- Be YOU!
- Lastly, HAVE FUN!